Monday, January 11, 2021

Responsibilities

 What I did not say before is that no matter what my mother thinks of me, or I of her, I need to take care of her when the time comes that she cannot take care of herself. I will never relegate her to a home run by strangers who don't care about her. My son and I feel strongly about that, so we took care of both my great aunt and uncle in their home rather than send them off. I was always told that I would be given the house, but it was never a factor in what was going to happen to them. Neither my son nor I could bear the thought of sending them away, even when they were a great challenge to keep them in their home, but there was no way that was going to change anything. They deserved the comfort and secure feeling of being at home, with people who loved them.

Whatever I do in my life, my mother can rely on me to make her time of need safe and secure. It is like you said, "responsibilities."

No comments:

Post a Comment