Saturday, January 16, 2021

RLS

  I stopped working so I could peel apples to make a pie.  

I will use the peels to make apple cider vinegar. 

My hands feel all pruny from washing things. 

My favorite glass measuring cup broke in the wash water and I reached in and managed to cut my finger. It was very messy.  I will glue it and use it for dry measurement. I bought it in Monterey in a shop where they sold Revolutionary War times replicas. I saw it had cracked, so I was not surprised it broke, but sorry it had. I love that area of Monterey. It is so historic. They have a place where Robert Louis Stevenson lived for a period of time. The person giving the tour said, 

 "Under the wide and starry sky,

🌃    Dig the grave and let me lie.
Glad did I live and gladly die,
    And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you grave for me:
    Here he lies where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from sea,
    And the hunter home from the hill"~RLS

It was the most wonderful end to a tour I ever witnessed. I was very teary.


No comments:

Post a Comment