Thursday, January 28, 2021

Proud


"Altar-ations"-

"My knight without the armor", my heart would proudly say
He took away the pain I felt and cast it far away
The miracles he worked were not the usual kind
He cured the body and the heart, especially my mind

His independent spirit threatened traditional conformity
Establishment who want lines toed made straits of real enormity
"How dare you buck our system", they grilled with open fire
"We'll make you turn her in to us and say she is a liar"

Her mind was gagged her hands were tied, her life was in a truss
She went to jail and got no bail and told her not to fuss
A kindly cancer widow who suffered with MS
She had to leave her clothes with them and change her mode of dress

They only called her prisoner as if she were a whore
She had a cell of brick and glass and blood down on the floor
It felt like in a movie or some outlandish game
I know my life has lost a part and will never be the same

They want me to feel hate for him, my knight without the glow
Their rigid rules make them the fools, but they will never know
The love they try and conquer will never fail, or falter
I'll be the sacrifice of love and die upon their altar.
~Haviva



(c) HVM 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment