Friday, January 22, 2021

Soak

 Friday. Time to have a relaxing rest. If you have a hot tub, what a lovely way to relax. I used to have one outside in Millbrae and when I would walk languidly back to the house, I would see the animal world on the way.  It was before my desperate attempt to save the place by dividing it up as rental units. I basically renewed the entire rotting guts and made it in lovely shape again. Then the new company bought it and ripped it from stem to stern and turned it ugly. I kept planting fruit trees and put a lovely gazebo in with a flooring of brick.  It was nice, except for airport noise and traffic, both of which I became involved with trying to change. I was fairly well liked, until this thing came along and I became a pariah. No one would help me.  One certainly finds out who one's allies end up being. No one. Well, I wanted the planes to go up Westborough toward the ocean, or even a bit further up. I don't know what ended up happening. I know certain towns forbid planes from making noise, but they were allowing Millbrae to be bombarded, especially when it rained. I put an end to it, but w/o me there to nag, who knows? The street is probably a race track by now. Oh well. I used to work long hours in the yard. I would be a big muddy mess, tired, but it felt good. I'd clean off and soak in the hot tub and sleep really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment