Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Dear Mr. Merget, et al:
Sorry, I zoned on the fact that Paul's name was added in. He is a kind, delightful, trustworthy person. I will give it some thought. But, I can provide video and pictures soon. 

I already put wood hardener on most of the lower railing, but it is expensive and comes in small bottles. The drain for the upper deck is absurd, because it just dribbles out onto the wood, nothing like a spout to carry it a bit further out. It is just begging for the wood to rot. 

If the wood rot repair were used preemptively, it would basically stop the necessity to ever treat the wood again at all. It basically turns the wood to rock.  It would be expensive, but so is tearing out a rotted deck and rebuilding. The air is moist here, I am surprised at the almost planned obsolescence utilized by not using better, or adequate materials and just being married to the idea of redoing the project every few years. 
There is no shine to my deck, or railing. It looks like bare wood. I don't want to be disrupted again, but I will use materials that may render another deck job obsolete. An ounce of prevention....
You didn't give me the courtesy of answering me about a veg garden, but I am not surprised, I am only a surpernumerary when it is something I ask about, but I am plenty visible when it comes to being bullied. Nice.

Sincerely,
Cheryl Petrovich


No comments:

Post a Comment