Saturday, May 21, 2022

WBT

 




A Time Apart~

His magic is his easy charm
and loyalty to my alarms
He knows I'll always understand
when he's been there to lend a hand

His life is stuck to toeing lines
and staying calm in trying times
But I can tell he's awfully abused
which leaves me feeling sad and confused

My heart is now at a tender stage 
and left
in sorrow, turned to rage
I loved him with demure decorum
Tho'
It should've been held in a much 
different forum

My heart has been alone and sad
Those cruel attackers made me mad
My life could well be drawing short
Too much time spent in foul and phoney court

I love him still as I did way back then
It's in his hands to be his friend
Whatever the fate for me he decides
I know I'll shall see it in his dark eyes.
~Haviva

(c) HVM 2020














No comments:

Post a Comment