Thursday, December 19, 2019

"At Last"~


I fell asleep and awoke after an hour with a feeling of positive promise and the haunting knowledge of you as the reason why.... 
     It still lingered in the air as would a fragrance reserved for a special romantic occasion. There was a familiar quickening of my heart, a lessening of my breath, but without the usual annoying restraint that came as the sudden grasp of mental decorum holding back love's decadent weakening toward its natural, trembling desires of ordinary passion....no, this was a masterpiece of emotion not to be rushed, but exquisitely savored just as the last drops of chilled honey languidly and purposely fall to a waiting tongue    in anticipation of the final moment of pleasure's freedom          at last.  
     



     

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a "Franny & Zooey" kind of thing to say, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never stop loving you, but no matter what you think of me, I don't ever want to lose you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to write a bit of a romantic story, just to see if I could attempt it. I read that some people have done very well at romance novel self-publishing. I tap into my feelings about you and try and put them into words, but I am not so sure how well I will do. I'll keep trying, but I think that part of the problem is that I restrained in what I can write because I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. If you see anything I write at all, that is.

    ReplyDelete