Thursday, July 30, 2020



"Hunger Pangs"~
The hunger there inside me exists for more than food
My kindly actions taken as something far too shrewd
My deepest feelings for him away from me they forced
The love for him I strongly feel, I openly endorsed

From day-to-day I do endure to stave off abject sadness
While dreadful hunger stays inside to drive me into madness
Milk of human kindness was never meant for me
Its massive price is far too dear; it doesn't come for free

Those who fight to exist for a thirst of endless retribution
Will gladly add into the mix their deadly contribution
Cruelty carries a much lower sales tag
It's given freely on away by bushel and a bag

They keep me firmly shackled to something too erroneous
And taunt me with the lurid lies of nearing to felonious
I live each day on a wing and a prayer
And know in my heart that you really do care

~Haviva


(c) HVM 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment