Wednesday, January 19, 2022

2017

 


Guardian in the Shadows~

I never knew someone like you who made my life so sweet
The world took on a new design and felt much more complete
Each subject that you brought to me grew tendrils to my soul
No matter what I did of yours it filled an empty hole

Sometimes you made me quite concerned with sadness
in your eyes
But when we could spend time alone a smile materialized
I sought to see your caring face that looked into my heart
I did not think about a day when we would have to part

I sit at home and fight despair, sweet memories unending
Though you aren't here I'm still aware our hearts are freely
blending
A path to you is where I walk in darkness of my dream
The blessings that I feel from you flow freely as a stream

I do not need to be with you to sense your caring thoughts
They deeply soak into my being to soothe the sad and tender spots
I saw you much too long ago, but silent echoes drift my way
You help to heal within the shadows and gently hold my fears at bay

~Haviva

(c) HVM 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment