Friday, December 3, 2021

STPBSTC

 Watching a fascinating interview with David Suskind and Truman Capote. They seemed like like antagonistic friends, than anything. I know he lost a lot of people from his life because he was openly catty about them and they didn't take it well. ("Answered Prayers")

Oh well, he was a unique person and he should have been treated as such, like a great piece of art and allowed his faults to be overlooked. I think there are always going to be people who are like that and who just should be given a pass about certain things, because they just cannot help themselves. Fine. It makes them fascinating and the upsides are more important than the downsides. I have a friend like that; I barely ever see him and he has harmed me to some degree, but his personality was always so over the top and glam and obsequious and he just charmed me into friendship. I have his dog and he ran for governor.

One friend is very close friends with Gavin, but does not see him much any longer......he moved to Palm Springs.

The relationships with my gay male friends was really nice. They were always so sweet to me and I admit, I miss the (safe) over the top, flattering attention.

Just some thoughts provoked by seeing Truman Capote.

No comments:

Post a Comment