Thursday, December 16, 2021

Paul Stamets 🍄

 https://bastyr.edu/news/general-news-home-page/2013/09/ted-talk-turkey-tail-helped-my-mother-through-cancer

TED Talk: Turkey Tail Helped My Mother through Cancer


Mycologist 🍄 has devoted his career to advancing our understanding of the healing potential of mushrooms. His work hit home when his mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer that had spread to her sternum and liver.

Her oncologist told her she was too old for radiation therapy. The doctor recommended a clinical trial of turkey tail mushrooms at the Bastyr Integrative Oncology Research Center — a study her son happened to be supplying through his mushroom cultivation business, Fungi Perfecti.

Stamets tells the story of his mother's dramatic recovery in a TED MED talk (beginning at the 7:50 mark).

"We are now rediscovering that which our ancestors long ago knew: That mushrooms are deep reservoirs for very powerful medicines," says the author, speaker and researcher.

Learn more about BIORC's turkey tail research, which has received FDA approval and a $5.4 million grant from the National Institutes of Health.

And learn how you can participate in a similar trial for prostate cancer patients.

Description: 

6 comments:

  1. I keep taking turkey tail, then I stop for no real reason, except maybe I misplaced it, or something stupid. You are the one who made me respect mushrooms. You know I remember most everything you say to me. unless I forgot.......but you so impressed me that you seemed to remember everything i said to you. That made me so happy! I felt like you cared. I loved it so much!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you did was done with a special intent and caring; I cannot imagine anyone not being madly in love with you; it seems unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are someone of great substance......such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find joy in being near you at all times! I could never hurt you....in any way! I am so lucky to have a picture of you to wake to, to smile at and to dream over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am worried about B/C. How can I trust K? How can you; how can anyone?
    My stomach is upset this morning. I am planning to do some massive cleaning and I will, but it is like there is a traffic jam; I need to move garage stuff out, before moving other house crap down there. It is awful! My kitchen sink is still crashed to the floor, there is a backlog of dishes....ugh! The fridge is a disgrace. Nothing was ever this way; it's a confluence of events and I have given in some ways mentally. My life is not normal. We are BOTH suffering! Let's heal together, okay? I would love that, so much! I have no idea what will happen in my life; but I hope you are a part of it! I need to find peace and acceptance of whatever is next. I sure love you, though, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been shown such disrespect and by CRIMINALS, yet who has to skulk around like a rabid dog? It is a disgrace! It is a spit in the face to all the hard work you did to become who you are and the honored institutions where you toiled and displayed your outstanding talent and dedication! It is disgusting to have anyone thumb their nose at it and so much worse to make it a nightmare and attempt to destroy the unique individual who accomplished so much that most of us could never even hope to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete