Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Some old family friends have a beautiful Victorian home on Catalina Island and it has a grand view from its hilltop perch. It is stuffed with my fav pottery, Catalina Pottery. Every surface is taken up with it! I have a few bits, but after moving, much has disappeared. I don't even know if my dad's friends are still alive. I am fairly certain the son, Robbie still lives there and runs their 2 shops.

(My father passed away a long time ago.)

There is a private beach on Catalina where you pay to go in and get a beach chair and they serve bevvies to you on the sand and certain nights they had a BBQ and you brought what you cooked. It was a lovely memorable atmosphere. I think I recall mentioning it before.

I went there all of the time as a child and we stayed on my father's friend's sailboat. Even now listening to the sounds of rigging gently clinking with the rolling motion of the sea, puts me in a harmonious mood.

It would be fun to go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment