Monday, July 1, 2019

Agony-
I have anticipation
I have a nameless fear
I have a dream of sweet
delight
 that
Would hold my
boundless
cheer

I suffered the longest
period
of life
without seeing you
I'll never know
entirely
How I managed through

I must not count my blessings
Too soon
before they come
Life is such a fragile thing
But I will not succumb

I long to see you near me
I long to hear your voice
I long to know
at final last
If I'm
Your loving choice

I've gone through depths
of sadness
and cruelty of man
No one with a tender
Heart could formulate that
Plan

I've given up on people to
Carry out my fate
I've hardened up my stronge
resolve
and pulling
my own weight

I've found too many devious
Who want to shake my trust
They do the vilest
meanest
things
that only raise
disgust

At times I feel I can't go on
and contimplate
My end

But I'll endure most
Anything
To see you once
again.

-Haviva

(c) HVM 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment