Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Revisit:





The Ghost~


I have become a ghost in your life
A whisper
A flicker
A breeze 
    on your cheek


The thoughts that
may linger
when emotions
are weak


Time is a thief 
and a stealer
of dreams
leaving hopeful hearts broken 
and soul crippling 
scenes


I won’t forget you no matter 
the years
My aim is to save you from
desperate attacks 
and heart pounding 
fears


I saw in your eyes 
you needed a
friend 
to trust with your 
thoughts and in 
hard times
defend


I worry if you’ll see me
or my presence
denied
Five years of remorse for 
a reason they
hide


I love you so much 
I feel a great
glow
It sparks from inside 
But they’ll never
know


I’m merely a ghost 
my love they can’t
steal
They cannot take something
they never could 
feel.
      
Haviva~


© HVM 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment