Saturday, September 25, 2021

RIP

 

Repose

Repose~
I barely allow
myself
to think of
seeing you
again
I've been
yearning
for so long
I know my
heart
will burst
I reflect on you
your inherent
sweetness
I loved your
voice
becoming
so soft
so lyrical
when you
spoke
an ethereal
embrace
to me
As you said
good-bye
I was lying
in a
dark room
attempting to
vanquish
abhorrent
dizziness
vandalizing
my vulnerable
brain
I reached out
with
every fiber
of my
invisible senses
to hold you back
to keep you from
becoming the
terrifying emptiness
as dark
as the room
that enveloped
my
maddening
confusion
The die was cast
Before another
dismal day
could drift on
I would lose you
to
a sharp pain
a dull ache
a hatter's clock
and a heart
that
refuses
to let go
You were gone
A shadow of your
memory
circles like
an impromptu
puff of wind
chasing a fallen
leaf
in nature's silly
game
Exploring each
secret space
where desires
as dreams
reside in
silent
repose
It taunts me
A ghostly
melody
tuned as a
gentle echo
of you
lingering
in my ear
Intruding pulse
drowns
it out
Dense ocean
fog
streams
in
covering my
moist
eyes
Muffling
transient
sobs
emitted
when
memory
serves
them up
When will
you
return
to me?
Gothic Fantasy Goth - Free image on Pixabay
~Haviva (Cheryl P.)
(c) HVM 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment