Saturday, August 3, 2019

Certain writings of JK, remind me of some of Steinbeck's writing, especially his Cannery Row characters and their dialogue. I was watching a program last night and the waitresses were collecting all the drink leftovers and mixed them and had quite an interesting concoction, I would say. The taste may have been off the "funky meter"reading, but I suppose it got them where they needed to go. In the Cannery Row story, the bartender did the same as the waitress and mixed all the leftover drinks and called the mixture, "Old Tennis Shoes". The "nose" must have been along the lines of the nightly skunk odors that assault my olfactory senses when I am looking for a breath of fresh air. But, again, it got the guys loosened up and ready for fun, I imagine!
I say, dump some 7-up in anything, and it becomes palatable!

You know where I have wanted to go for ages? I would like to go inside the lab on Cannery Row. "Doc Ricketts' Lab" That place has always stirred my imagination.




When I was in Monterey, I felt like I took you with me. You were so kind to me when I was in such pain and I didn't feel afraid to go anywhere alone, because you were there with me. It was the same at the lighthouse....anywhere, really. You have been in my heart for a long time and it feels like it began in another lifetime. I found you again, at last, only for you to be taken away again. No wonder it hurts so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment