Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Fresh

 I saw some areas on the deck that weren't in great shape on the walls, so I ordered some paint to freshen it up. 

I am great at ordering things, but it takes time getting around to actually using them.

Last time I was down in that area, I didn't even go by the family home.  I thought the new owners made it rather ugly, but at least it has a window now. My great aunt and uncle built it with their own hands. My great aunt had taken classes in architecture, so she was always making little "tweaks" here and there. She had a little cabinet put on the side of the house where she could stash her gardening shoes. She put in a tea house at the top of the yard, but it was falling apart, so I had to have it torn down. I put a portable hot tub in it, which I loved. I loved to soak for a long time and walk back to the house feeling all relaxed and wet noodley.  Great way to prepare to sleep soundly. 

That was before I needed to get renters. I tried desperately to hang on to the house, but it was a futile effort. 

My Siamese cat, Topo, was/is buried out there. I figure someone probably got a surprise at some point. I had him buried in a plastic bag with a zipper. He was under a big rock that had "Dream" carved on it. 

There was a city council member next door and he was a peeping Tom. I was looking in a mirror and I could see him on a ladder peering into the sun room behind where I was standing. He was wearing a hat, sunglasses and a face mask. He was bizarre. He drove around the city in his BMW with the top down, scoping out the ladies. I was working in the yard and he slowed down to tell me I was "lookin' good." He was so creepy. 

Then, up the street was the mayor of the moment. Crook. He tried to help my great uncle's nephew forge a will giving him the house. My son happened to overhear him taking about it, so since my great uncle was still alive, he told him about it and he made a new will that could not be changed. Later on, after my great uncle died, the mayor was sitting by my house waiting to merge into traffic, so I walked up to his car to confront him, but he saw me and just stepped on it into oncoming cars.

 Crooks should not be crooks if they can't face the music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment