Monday, April 1, 2019




Faith~
The days are long, my life may be short
I hold your memory in tender resort
I can’t help but worry my heart over you
No call or visit is allowed to get through

The time I knew you was Heaven on Earth
To see you again; I’d give all I am worth
I knew that I loved you a long time ago
Even years spent away caused affection to grow

Sadness and turmoil makes everything dreary
I wrote and I wrote ‘til my poor eyes were bleary
I barely have slept in over two years
My concerns over you were the worst of all fears

I stay hidden at home with my life very small
I never have fun, and see no one at all
The trauma they did to my innocent life
Was a verbal attack of a hand with a knife.

I was handcuffed and chained and taken to jail
The MS I have, made me weakened, and pale
All I had on my side was faith from above
All I had given was kindness and love.
~Haviva

(c) HVM 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment