Sunday, April 24, 2022

Clam-Martinic


Clam-Martinic

Clam-Martinic is a noble family from the former Habsburg Empire. It was established when Carl Josef, Count of Clam, a member of the old Austrian noble family Clam, married Maria Anna, Imperial Countess of Martinic (z Martinicz or Martinicovéin Czech), a member of an old Czech Bohemian noble family claimed to be descended from the Vršovci family.[1]

Coat of Arms of the Counts of Clam-Martinitz, Barons of Höhenberg
Clam Castle, Upper Austria
Lady Selina Meade (1797–1872), who married the Count of Clam-Martinic, painted by Thomas Lawrence in Vienna in 1819






The family originates from Berg near Henndorf am Wallersee and appeared under the name Berger or Perger. Around 1209 a Carinthian branch owned Höhenbergen castle near Völkermarkt. In 1524, the family acquired Clam Castle in Upper Austria, which to this day is owned by the family.

  • Heinrich Clam-Martinic (1863–1932), Austrian statesman and prime minister
  • Georg Clam-Martinic (1908–2000), Austrian author and engineer
  • Jindřich Jaroslav Clam-Martinic (1826–1887), also known as Heinrich Jaroslav, Count of Clam-Martinic, Bohemian politician

  1. ^ Roman von Prochazka: Genealogisches Handbuch erloschener böhmischer Herrenstandsfamilien, Band I; Rangordnung des böhmischen Fürsten- und Herrenstandes mit der Liste der dreissig ältesten Herrenstandfamilien von Jahr 1501. Verlag Degener & Co, Neustadt an der Aisch 1973, ISBN 3-7686-5002-2, S. 15, Übersicht und Ahnentafel zu Martinic S. 183, 186.

11 comments:

  1. I really want to meet relatives, but before I ran into resistance. I guess they figure I was looking to take away their "stuff!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was truly wanting to meet relatives to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to have a professional do my genealogy, so no one could deny who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want family history to be lost in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you even more, because you are sweet to me and show an interest. You are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are blood related to Queen Victoria, who was related to most nobility and the current royal family. I say "they", when I could be saying "I", but it sounds too weird to be true, but my grandmother kept giving clues, but the biggest clue was that we were related to Kaiser Willhelm......who was Queen Victoria's nephew, or grandson; I have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is the queen related to Kaiser Wilhelm?
    Wilhelm was the eldest son of Frederick III and his wife Victoria of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, daughter of the British Queen Victoria. He was a grandson of Emperor Wilhelm I through his father's side and a grandson of the English Queen Victoria through his mother's side. My great grandfather was a count and may have lost his title when he came to the
    USA to be a physician and surgeon, but I do not know that, but one cannot remove blood relationship. If not, my mother would now be a countess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not think the titles drop, but a person can use a title, or not as they please, even though the US does not recognize titles, but people use them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would want you as my count. You are so regal; in looks, in dignity and in every other way as well. You take my breath away and I wish I could enjoy you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I am lucky, I will have someone to help me. I want him to help you too. Would that be okay? I mean you would have to say, but you deserve so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As long as you are held captive you will not have your own desires at all. She needs to know it limits her life too. try to negotiate.with her to "let" you have a life. You must be tired of it! I miss you and love you,

    ReplyDelete