Sunday, April 24, 2022

DEF 2

My renter is out getting me a dinner sandwich, since I missed out on any other food today. The seagull is pounding on the window....how entitled! I believe he is the one with the wonky foot. He is very picky too. I have seen him throw food he does not want....maybe he is a reincarnation of Frank Sinatra....I heard that he did that too, especially if the food was cold.....but he seemed to enjoy making a splash with pasta dishes with red sauce!  My old Sicilian friends would never have done such a thing! They were so polite, but the father did have a baseball bat at the ready.......just in case....nobody messed with him, or his sons. One is an attorney, but he already turned me down for help; he said his l law firm did business w/K at one time. (What an excuse!) My long ago relative was Viceroy of Sicily, but I guess he made no friends for some reason the Pope was pissed at him.....I think he was too honest.....I like to think so, anyway. The other relative was Prime Minister of Austria and I read that he was very kind to the poor; etc. He was one of the last of the Prime Ministers in Austria. I'd like to travel and get the "up close and personal" family history......just not get defenestrated like the one in 1618 that started the 30 Years War in Cz as someone suggested to me in a Bohemian type restaurant.....what, too soon? :-) 






Heinrich Clam-Martinic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Count Heinrich Clam-Martinic.

Count Heinrich Karl Clam-Martinic(1 January 1863 in Vienna – 7 March 1932 in Klam) was an Austrianstatesman. He was one of the last Prime Ministers in the Austrian half of the Austro-Hungarian empire, he was called during World War I to head a new cabinet by Emperor Charles on 13 December 1916, soon after the death of Emperor Franz Joseph on 21 November 1916.[1] As Prime Minister, he replaced Ernest von Koerber, but his government only lasted until 30 May 1917. He was succeeded by Ernst Seidler von Feuchtenegg (1917-1918), Baron Max Hussarek von Heinlein (1918), and Heinrich Lammasch (1918).

His short-lived cabinet included well known contemporary Austrian figures such as Karl Urban and Joseph Baernreither. On 10 July 1917 Clam became, until the end of the war, Military Governor of occupied Montenegro, as successor of Viktor Weber Edler von Webenau. On 21 February 1918 the Emperor named him Knight in the Order of the Golden Fleece. He was a member of the Clam-Martinic family.


Welcome to Clam Castle


 Winter break!

 

We thank all our guests for their visit and look forward

to seeing you again in May 2022!

 


Group bookings of 10 people or more can be booked at any time,

please contact museum@burgclam.com directly.


4 comments:

  1. I would have loved knowing him; I heard he was a good guy and cared about helping people. I hope that was true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would Like to go to that castle and the castle in prague. I need to make a collection of family history places and go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would Like to go to that castle and the castle in prague. I need to make a collection of family history places and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take you with me, if you want. You would be a hit with everyone. They would figure you were a prince. I think you are too.

    ReplyDelete