Sunday, July 25, 2021

WY

 I was bad. I took a roll and put a few choc chips, butter and stevia and warmed it up and had it with a banana and milk for breakfast. It was fun. I was going to have a hard cooked egg, or two, but passed on it for the decadence. 

I turned on "The Repair Shop," (Netflix) I have seen all the episodes, but it makes me feel good and I learn repair tips. The people are so nice and treat each other respectfully and kindly. The workers are so talented.  I keep dreaming that someday my tea set could be repaired. I know it is in a terrible/impossible state, but it would be amazing. 

I would love to know what you have as your special things that you hold as lovely memories. I wonder if you ever visited the places of your ancestors. I suppose you traveled much more extensively than myself. I was only to Europe as a junior in HS and went to summer school in France and traveled around with a group from there. I was the only one of our group who actually went to classes. It was okay, but walking back to the home of the host family was tricky, since there were a lot of predatory sorts of people saying lewd things and actually grabbing at me. I think I mentioned before that a group of boys attacked me and I had to hit them with my long strapped purse and chased them away. I never knew what I was capable of doing in that way, since my home town, then of South Pasadena, CA, was nice and not a crime infested area. In fact, many movies seemed to get filmed there.

Speaking of filming, my son's godfather produced a few films and I have one on DVD. It is a campy thing. It is a combination murder/horror movie. My dear friend was my son's godmother, but she was taken from us much too early by ovarian cancer.  Life became a lot less nice after she parted the Earth.

I know you understand that, your losses have been significant and touched you deeply. I have seen your pain.

My heart is with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment