Friday, May 14, 2021

Sweeping

 I was up looking for a 🎂🎉 Birthday gift for my mother. I finally settled on a shiatsu foot and back massager. I will probably send some form of date too. I send gifts as though they are from everyone, but she avoids the pretense and just sends me a thank you note. Lately, she has been signing it with hugs and kisses, Mom. That is so much better than, "don't ever send that again", or "stop wasting your money."

You should have heard her laugh when I told her my sink dropped down and the garbage disposal punched a hole in the bottom of the cabinet. She laughed and laughed like I never heard before. I was glad to accommodate.

Last night I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to remove a patio table from the garage. I was determined to get it out the regular door, but it wasn't going to indulge my delusion. It is only going to yield to the massive doorway on the other side. I am just noticing that I must have scraped my leg. It is suddenly throbbing now.

Once out, I want to paint the table. It has some areas of rust. Now to figure out how to get it to the upper deck. (Sounds like a baseball card.) I am dreading being spied on by the MTG clone whose deck looks down on my world.....judging, because it is the best place out front to paint. I am sure I will be offensive somehow.

Getting the table out of the tangle of crap, really opened up some space. My place looks like WWIII has been inflicted. Other people here are only weekend and summer visitors. I am one of the few full timers. 

Anyway, always the square nut in a round hole, or something equally bizarre. I enjoyed looking at the front porch area with the trees and plants growing wild last night. It was freezing, but as long as I kept sweeping the walkway, it was bearable. I was frozen to the bone, though. My nose is stuffy. But, that was most likely the garage dust.

Must get back to finding a yummy treat for my mother...

Hope you have a good one. Always on my mind. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment