Thursday, May 13, 2021

Step

 While I was using a genealogy site, I just happened to come across my grandmother's cousin, the most secretive, snobby person ever! He was married to a princess whose father, I believe, was someone rather high up in the (Ugh) Nazi party. Bella (the princess) was related to Marie Antoinette through her mother (Grandmother?) a grand Austrian Duchess. She was from Poland. She was so elegant and kind. Too bad her husband, my blood relative, was not so kind. Not sure what his affiliation was during WWII, but being Czech/German, one can make some not too far fetched suppositions. I think he may have said he was a spy for both sides. He was a diplomat, attorney and judge. He loved to intimidate me. I never failed to frustrate him by being too obtuse to be frustrated. He thought my signature revealed something ominous about my character, I guess, since he was always going on about it. Funny, I have always been an open book, but he loved his secrets. I once saw the signature of an ancestor and then lost it, but it was a wonder to behold! It went down the major portion of a standard sized copy paper. It had birds, curly Q's hunting scenes.....whatever, it was a spectacle. I was not the one to be pointed out in the crowd of "John Hancocks" of the world, that is for sure!

I am having a strange tech day. The computer is in control, not me. 

I have never felt fully in step with the rest of the world, so when I meet people who feel normal and in my same wavelength, I feel comfortable. That was you. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment