Thursday, March 18, 2021

The edge

 






Future Tense~
You are my walk on the beach
The dance of my soul
The spiritual call of a 
vast Universe….


Answers to questions 
that had
forever plagued 
my pondering mind


When I met 
you 
love was too
small a word for 
my emotions


Days rushed by so fast...


Until you were gone….


Then time became 
as languid
and lingering 
as 
molasses on 
a hard frozen 
day


Thoughts of distant 
travel 
would 
begin with you 
and end with you

No views of the Seine 
or the Louvre
could compete with the 
intensity 
of your 
locked-in-compassion 
eyes….


Melding 
with romantic
dreams of 
my heart….


and that slow
  cocky 
smile
nearing the 
slender edge 
of 
mockery 
lying 


askew

on your proudly 
sensuous 
lips


That burn a 
hole 
through 
my trembling


      Present

and non-stop
into my
hopeful 
but tenuous….

     Future


~Haviva

© HVM 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment