Sunday, April 12, 2020

I remember when my friend had ovarian cancer and when I first saw her, she looked like she was pregnant. She was actually wearing a maternity top! She had me palpate her mass and if a heart could ever really sink to the floor....that was it. It was the size and hardness of a grapefruit. Hard to paste a convincing smile on that situation.

She was the kindest, most caring human being I had ever met, until I recently found my friend (over 5 years ago....). She would do anything to help another person and she did. She literally stood on her head to entertain her children. She was loud, brash and the only woman I ever knew who poured a drink over the head of a man who called her, "Bitch!" and no one would have blamed her.

When Gilda Radner started doing better, we found hope. Despair came with her death.   (TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment