Friday, November 1, 2019

State of Captivity~
I want to be happy in my life again
It starts with a look in your eyes
I know you’re a captive with locks
At your feet and punitive daggers of lies

They marched you around while under 
control
And picked at your heart and threatened your 
Soul
Your freedom of thought is not free at all
It’s hidden away in a dark dingy stall

I only loved the one that I knew, who challenged 
their rules and cruelty too
His heart beat is strong and vibrant and true
And does the right things, but palliate few

I long to escape the draconian world, where 
People must fend off the doubts that are hurled
Who adhere to an anthem that is mockingly sung
To a death knell whose bell is triumphantly rung

The disease that they show is an obvious fix
But they’d rather eat glass than break up their cliques
They keep adding on to their monstrous hoard and 
Decorate those who fall on the sword.
Control is always the desired achievement
Leaving resistors behind to deal with 

Bereavement.


~Haviva

© HVM 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment