Saturday, July 30, 2022

Talktoyou



  

Talk to You~
I always want to talk to you
can't keep it in my head
those who interfere with it
don't care what beauty's said

You found your lovely way
into
my welcome heart
but being kept away from you
has torn my life apart

I never was inspired to write a
poem's
word
but losing any
sight of you
made normal life
absurd

Why do other mortals declare
themselves the rulers of our
fate?
We deserve our freedom before
it comes
too late

You became the hero of my story
the rescuer of my soul
the one who hid amongst the shadows
and kept me safe and whole

In my shy and knowing heart
and
receptive mind
I always felt you present
and kindness redefined 

This time has been relentless
with their cruelty in excess
and no attempt was made to soothe
the horrors
of
duress!

I'd never end my gratitude
for feelings
you
impart
Forever they'll remain with love
in the center of my
heart.

Always,

Haviva~

(c) HVM 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment