Sunday, August 15, 2021

DL

   

Sacred Sounds

 


Holy Candles | Candles, Catholic, Candlelight


Dedicated Love-


I love the hollow sound and gentle squeak of the wooden floor as I ascend the few steps to light candles of hope and prayer. It is a lonely sound, but I find comfort in the old familiarity; it is stark yet embracing.


My soul is weary, but holds a tender memory of your soft touch on my welcoming hand. It revives me as nothing else could.

Behind me, I hear the rhythmic sound of the tandem rosary chanting. The pious seek redemption, health, lost love. It never comes, yet devotees ardently and fervently return day, after day, to repeat their pleas to the saint who listens the most attentively and carries the least judgmental look in their loving, but disappointed eyes.

We are small, but our hearts have a grand capacity for love. I can't imagine my heart being able to hold all the love I have for you. The vast sky even seems inadequate to take on the overflow. I look up and see the breathless enchantment you leave behind and I know I will never be alone, for you are the beauty in every place my eyes find to rest....and my dedicated prayer to you, at last is answered.

Haviva-

(c) HVM 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment