Saturday, September 10, 2022

RAWP

 


Every item on this page was chosen by a Town & Country editor. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.

Rainbows Appear at Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace After Queen Elizabeth's Death

The colorful arch served as a poignant moment of brightness amidst the sorrow of the day.

BY LAUREN HUBBARD
queen elizabeth ii dies at balmoral castle
CHRIS JACKSON//GETTY IMAGES

Today, thousands around the UK, and the world, gathered to mark the passing of Queen Elizabeth. The 96-year-old monarch died at Balmoral, her beloved Scottish estate, where she was joined by her family. Yet, despite the sober mood that naturally ruled the day, for the some fans, nature offered a poignant reminder of joy.

At Windsor Castle, a rainbow arched over the grounds just as the Union Jack flag began to be lowered in honor of the monarch's death.

This content is imported from twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

"As the flag is lowered to half mast over Windsor Castle an incredible rainbow appears over the castle, for a few minutes and then just like that it was gone…." royal photographer Chris Jackson shared on Twitter, marking the occasion.

Meanwhile, back in London, an impressive double rainbow was captured by mourners gathered at Buckingham Palace, as reporter Andy Lines shared in a video, after a statement announcing the Queen's death had been placed at the gates.

This content is imported from twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

The colorful arches served as a bright spot on the otherwise sad day, and, to some, a cheerful nod to the late Queen herself, who was well-known over the course of her 70 year reign for her affection for bold, colorful ensembles.

The Queen is succeeded by her eldest son, formerly known as Prince Charles, now King Charles III.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

"The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of great sadness for me and all members of my family," the new king said in a statement. "We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I know her loss will be deeply felt through the country, the Realms, and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world. During this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and sustained by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection in which The Queen was so widely held."


Queen Elizabeth Through the Years
by Town & Country US
Current Time 0:00
Duration 1:36
Loaded36.53%
The Queen: A Life in Pictures
The Queen: A Life in Pictures
Now 25% Off

5 comments:

  1. I can't stop loving you, but I hurt so badly and I don't feel respected, or even liked. I will be dead from despair soon anyway. I wanted to run off with you and love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop loving you, but I hurt so badly and I don't feel respected, or even liked. I will be dead from despair soon anyway. I wanted to run off with you and love you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forever for me, could be next week!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Dear Mr. Franken, I want to understand how our country allows money to influence the Justice system so much! Kaiser has allowed a mean little man to be their contract attorney, but he is a predator and is holding myself illegally restrained and my former doctor hostage, because his former domestic partner wants him held captive and me restrained. They gave me a restraining order from the doctor, but it wasn't from him it was done by the attorney who did it for the former partner of my doctor,because she is afraid to lose the doctor. The police will not help my doctor, because the attorney bad mouthed me. I know Kaiser's billions influence everyone in the world of any kind of help we could get; even the San Mateo DA's office! I am a 68 year old woman and I gave my doctor a few gifts over the years to thank him for his kindness, good work and dedication. He always thanked me, by phone calls, email, so I was stunned by getting a restraining order! I found out his signature was forged and even who most likely did it! The domestic partner hired a psychiatrist to be my therapist and I accepted when a woman in the ER asked me if I wanted to talk to someone nice. I agreed, but she only asked me about my doctor! I was in a trial by the DA, but it was against me from the start. I do nothing wrong, but I know my doctor is suffering. He tried to show me that his domestic partner (a neurosurgeon, Dr. Noushin Nicole Moayeri) cut off his male parts w/o his consent. One time, my doctor called me sounding terrified, then hung up quickly. I called their PD and an officer ended up telling me she was his abuser, but the Kaiser attorney must have gotten to them $ and the DA, because they are trying so hard to harm me! I just got a letter from (I guess) the DA's office saying I have a criminal complaint against me! This is the second time the Kaiser attorney has done this to me; so I cannot find an attorney, they are intimidated by Kaiser and a second time could be called a felony and go to jail for 3 years! I am a senior citizen with MS and a dire breast cancer diagnosis, who only wanted to thank my doctor for his dedication! THIS has been a nightmare for 7 years! I could die soon! But my doctor, a brilliant Harvard vascular surgeon, should not be held hostage and labor trafficked! He could die of depression, or his crazy (narcissist) former domestic partner may end up killing him. I am terrified for him! The law won't help him, nor listen to me! Why? His name is Dr. Gregory C. Lukaszewicz he is at Kaiser South San Francisco 3rd floor surgery. He is driven to work, locked in with a buzzer door to only allow certain people in. There are cameras all around with guards watching his every move. I am worried about him! How could our society devolve to the point where the law won't protect , or help our upstanding citizens like a Harvard surgeon? It is damn DISCOURAGING! I have ALWAYS backed law enforcement, but not when they won't even help the BEST of us! He is at 650 749-2188 (Work)His home address is 3 Mountain Wood Lane, Hillsborough, CA 94010. He needs rescuing; I have been restrained for over 7 years, even was falsely put in JAIL! My doctor refuted the entire R.O., but they STILL put me in JAIL! MY MS made me so ill! Why is this allowed? Money? I am feeling like I live in Russia, where people just disappear! This is NOT the USA, that I thought I knew! If you know anyone who might help my doctor; I would be so VERY grateful as well as he! He is IMPORTANT, I am not! Please help a fellow Harvard grad! I knew you were special too! You make sense in a world with no sense! (707) 412-0399. Shalom! Cheryl Petrovich

    ReplyDelete