Thursday, January 16, 2020

"Fly"

I keep picturing you, pink shirt, khaki pants, rainbow socks, briefcase with a strap over your strong shoulder that too often holds up the world, walking quickly as I picketed for my rights....it was so windy as that area always seemed to be. That smirky, smarmy security guard, who claimed you as his own, always yelling at me chasing me away, like some feral, rabid animal.

I have been treated as the lowest of the low. Why? What did I do that was so wrong? They own you.  We seem to be in the same boat, but one with a better disguise. We are both trodden down and as if in captivity. You have a wall, I have a mental wall. Neither can be crossed.

It used to be fun. It used to feel carefree...then it got weird. I was watched. You were watched. You are their commodity. I am unwanted. I threaten them with my love. Love is too honest and pure for them. They only understand greed and self-serving ways. They don't care what you want.

They want me dead.

You with your vulnerable heart that encompasses the unlovely, while you are grace and beauty in the presence of despair, and shame. But your moments of humble subservience to tend to our needs, just as Jesus humbled himself before the ill and lame to make them well again.

He is in you.

You are sanctified and blessed as if you open your soul in confession when you kneel down before us. You leave washed anew and we leave more hopeful and in awe.

I want to protect you and let you escape the wall and the locked door. I want to hear you laugh and take care of you, hold you and release any pain that grows in solitary and roll away the boulder that causes stagnation and putrefaction.

Breathe the air of freedom and fly.
I hope you will come to me.
~Haviva

HVM (c)2020

No comments:

Post a Comment